Monday, November 22, 2010

Sundate

@Shakey's with Arlyn

Sundate means Sunday date and not a sunny date if others might be wondering.

It was in November 21, 2010 when it started after I had lunch with my colleagues when I sent a text message to Arlyn (my girlfriend) that I was on my way to her house. I literally was on my way.

I got to her house right about fifteen minutes past twelve. She was eating lunch with a cousin of hers. After she had eaten, we went over to her next door cousin's house to watch a movie (Despicable Me). It was a very hilarious movie. We both were laughing a lot! She got ready for church after the movie while I was downstairs talking with her mom. We decided to attend the three o'clock mass at Guadalupe church. It was going to be our first (mass at Guadalupe church that is).

Walked to the main road under the scorching sun which really was intimidating. Luckily we both wore white shirts so that it wouldn't be that hot. Despite of how the church was only a walking distance, we still took a jeepney (a local form of transportation widely used all throughout the Philippines). Just as we arrived, the mass had just started. Made it just in time. Had to move pews twice trying to find a good spot to sit. The first had no electric fan and second was directly hit by the sunlight. And so the mass progressed. We realized right before the mass had ended that is was also a mass for the sick, so we both went up front and got blessed with Holy water. What a surprise that was.

After the mass was over, we took a cab to SM mall since it was still pretty hot and dust was starting to become irritating. The moment we entered the mall, we immediately went to Dunkin' Donuts where we each had iced coffees and half a choco wacko. Bought water at Watsons then roamed around the mall. She decided to go on a little window shopping - books, shoes, and shirts - which was really not a surprise. I mean women really enjoy these kinds of stuff. And believe me, they really can go for hours. Finally bought the fan we planned to buy three weeks ago (Sto. Rosario church is just so full of people during the four-thirty mass). Seeing an amusement area at the mall, we played some shooting and racing games. Then it was already dinner time after we did all those. Time passes by quickly when I am enjoying every minute of my time. Went over at Shakey's for dinner and had bunch of lunches (Ironic, is it not?). Then when dinner was done, we went home.

The instant we went out of the mall, chills immediately got the both of us. A sudden feeling of a freezing sensation. So we hurried and hailed a cab which everyone was also trying to due to the fact that it was past seven in the evening and it was raining. On our way back home, we dropped by the house of a friend of hers to pick up a book. We also dropped by her cousin's house where we stayed for about an hour or so talking. Got her home and then she called a cab for my ride home.

Got home safe and sound with a big big smile on my face. Enough to wash up, write this post, and wait 'til twelve midnight to greet my girlfriend a second monthsary. It sure is a wonderful day!

Happy second monthsary, 'lyn! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment